Virgo (Aug 23-Sept 22)
Free Weekly Horoscope
Virgo is the sixth astrological sign in the Zodiac, which spans the zodiac between the 150th and 179th degree of celestial longitude. Generally, the Sun transits this area of the zodiac between August 23 to September 22 each year. Individuals born during these dates, whilst the Sun is within this sign, are called Virgos or Virgoans.
Virgo is seasonally associated with the end of summer and the onset of autumn when nature – having borne its fruit – recedes into conservation. Because its period indicates a change of season, it is known as a ‘mutable sign’, which indicates an instinct towards changeability and an easy ability to let go of past situations in preparation for future needs. The sign is governed by Mercury, the planet of dexterity, communication, interchange of ideas and study. Mercury is also exalted in this sign, which as an ‘earth-sign’ is marked by practicality and perseverance. This gives an ideal balance between ingenuity of mind, and sharp intellect, and the strength of will needed to see creative ideas through to completion. Virgos are reputed to be adept at languages, to possess a love of literature, a deep interest in history and statistics, and a good memory for details.
- Symbol: The Virgin
- Element: Earth
- Ruling Planet: Mercury, the planet of communication
- Lucky colors: Green and Dark brown
- Lucky gemstone: Sardonyx
- Lucky numbers: 2, 5, 7
- Good Day: Dedicated, resourceful, helpful, hardworking, witty and practical
- Bad Day: Preachy, self-destructive, overwhelmed, self-pitying, uptight and critical
- Favorite Things: Laptops, magazines, long showers with aromatherapy soaps, outdoor concerts, childhood friends and Trivial Pursuit
- Prone to: Abdomen and nervous system